Express v4.0 & 5.0
The following instructions cover
typical usage of Outlook Express and assume the software has been
installed correctly on your system.
The instructions are only for individuals
with a direct Internet connection, by modem or network. If you
are behind a firewall or proxy server, the information below may
not work. Consult your network administrator for more information.
Setting Up Your E-mail
- Open Outlook Express.
- Click Tools on the menu bar.
- Click Accounts in the Tools menu. (See
- Click Add.
- Click Mail in the Internet Accounts box. (See
- Complete the following fields in the Internet Connection Wizard
- Display Name - The name that will display on an
e-mail sent using this profile.
- E-mail Address - The e-mail address that will display
on an e-mail sent using this profile.
- Incoming Mail Server - The mail server from which
e-mail for this profile is to be retrieved. For our servers
use your domain name prefaced with "mail". Example: mail.my_domain.com.
- Outgoing Mail Server - The mail server through
which e-mail sent using this profile will go. You may use
your ISP's outgoing mail server, or your domain name hosted
on our mail server. For our servers use your domain name
beginning with "mail".Example: mail.my_domain.com.
- Account Name - This is your full email address.
- Password - The password for the above account.
- Click OK on the Internet Accounts box when you have
completed the Internet Connection Wizard.
With Outlook Express, you can setup
additional mail accounts for every mailbox from which you need
to retrieve mail.
There are many more options available in Outlook Express. See
the software's documentation for more information on the advanced