Netscape Messenger v4.0
following instructions cover typical usage of Netscape Messenger
and assume the software has been installed correctly on your system.
instructions are only for individuals with a direct Internet connection,
by modem or network. If you are behind a firewall or proxy server,
the information below may not work. Consult your network administrator
for more information.
Up Your E-mail
- Open Netscape Messenger.
- Click Edit on the menu bar.
- Click Preferences in the Edit menu. (See
- Click Identity under the Mail & Newsgroups
section of the Preferences window. (See
- Complete the following fields in the Preferences window. (See
- Your Name - The name from which any e-mail sent
using this profile will display.
- E-mail Address - The e-mail address from which
any e-mail sent using this profile will display.
- Click Mail Servers under the Mail & Newsgroups
section of the Preferences box. (See
- Click Edit under Incoming Mail Servers. (See
- Complete the following fields in the Mail Server Properties
- Server Name - The mail server from which e-mail
is to be retrieved. For our servers use your domain name
beginning with "mail".
- Server Type - All of our mail servers use the POP3
protocol. Do not change the server type to anything besides
- User Name - This is the same as your FTP user account
- Click OK to return to the Preferences window.
- Complete the following fields under Outgoing Mail Server.
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - The mail server through
which e-mail will be sent. You may use your ISP's outgoing
mail server, or your domain name on our mail server. For
our servers use your domain name beginning with "mail".
- Outgoing Mail Server User Name - If you are using
your domain name through our mail server, leave this field
- Click OK to close the Preferences window.
Netscape Messenger does not natively support retrieval of multiple
e-mail accounts for POP3 mail servers. To retrieve mail from multiple
accounts, you will need to setup additional user profiles using
the User Profile Manager supplied with Netscape. See your Netscape
documentation for more information.
There are many more options available in Netscape Messenger.
See the software's documentation for more information about advanced