The following instructions cover typical usage of Eudora Light,
and assume the software has been installed correctly on your system.
The instructions are only for individuals with a direct Internet
connection, by modem or network. If you are behind a firewall
or proxy server, the information below may not work. Consult your
network administrator for more information.
Setting Up Your E-mail
- Open Eudora.
The Options window will display. If not, click Tools
on the menu bar then Options. (See
- Scroll to the top of the list.
- Select Getting Started. (See
- Complete the fields:
- POP Account - The complete address from which any
e-mail sent using this profile will display.
- Real Name - The name from which any e-mail sent
using this profile will display.
- Return Address - The address from which any e-mail
sent will display. Example: your_name@my_domain.com.
- Connection Method - The connection method depends
on your Internet Service Provider (ISP). The standard is
Winsock. Contact your ISP if you are unsure.
- Click Hosts from the options list. (See
- Complete the following fields:
- POP Account - Should already be filled. If not,
see the above description.
- SMTP - The mail server your e-mail sent using this
profile will go through. You may use your ISP's outgoing
mail server, or your domain name hosted on our mail server,
which will be Your_Domain. For example: mail.my_domain.com.
- Ph - Leave this field blank.
- Finger - Leave this field blank.
- Click OK.
Depending on your Internet connection, you may need to fill in
the Dial-Up options on the options list. Contact your ISP for
There are many more options available in Eudora Light. See the
software's documentation for more information about advanced options.